Children and Faith

Life can be funny at times and other times it can be scary or even life can remind you to slow down once in awhile. And not rush rush rush to places that you want to go and see but to just stand still and take in the beauty of nature all around you that G-d has planted and grown.
This summer up here in Minocqua has taught me many things plus help me improve other skills that are essential in order for "civil life" to occur. Such as listening, I thought I was a good listener but now since I am gone from home, I wished I would have listened and understood more. I would many times hear someone say something and not actually look at what they are trying to telling me.
I also learned or relearned to enjoy more of the simple stuff as when I was a small kid that I enjoy immensely, but then forgotten or thought was stupid. It took me to move in with some of my friends up here who have a three-year-old daughter that remind me more of the fun I had when I was little; than I do as I got older.
The main point what I'm trying to say is that it astonishes me how much more faith and trust a kid has than what I have. Remember the bible says all you need is faith as small as a mustard seed and you can move a mountain. Unfortunatly I had lost that faith years ago without even realizing what was happening. It took a three-year-old child to show me what I had lost.
Now I want it back the faith that I lost! I am determined to get it back! I always knew G-d worked in mysterious ways, Plus G-d also usually works through children because they have not forgotten and lost their faith in the trap the devil lays.
So next time when you need faith look at a child and remember you to had that faith and still can.
Out of all that is happening there is one thing for sure G-d is not done up here in Minocqua and I am planning to stay to bare witness to what He does.

3 comments:

Seasoned Warrior said...

Faith comes from hearing, which means read your book out loud. To a small child ‘you say it and they believe it.’ We can lose our faith as we get older because we do not stay in intimacy with the Creator. The advisory says you don’t need to go to church anymore, you know enough; there are bigger and more exciting things to do. Then we find ourselves being pulled into many different directions, as a teenager not all chooses was our own making.
But the Good Book says “Train up a child in the way he should go, and he will never depart.” As an adult now, you get to make your own chooses now, and through knowing the Creator, you allowed His nature to speak to you, even through the eyes of one of His little ones!
Distance has helped you look back inside yourself to find what you value the most and what your purpose in life will be. You are right, you are not done up there yet, for G-d is not finished with you yet and you stand as a witness to all His wonderful works!
I am so proud of you and enjoy your writing tremendously!
Bubbie

Anonymous said...

That is ausome!! Keep pressing in!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful and inspiring